Excerpt from Daily Cures, Wisdom for Healthy Aging by Connie Mason Michaelis
We post-65, baby boomers make up a massive portion of the population. We need to get a grip on our mortality and do the best planning we’ve ever done in our lives. What’s your end game? I recently read a long list of strategies for baby boomers. Here are some favorites and a few of my own.
· Don’t become grumpy and bitter, and don’t hang out with negative people.
· Be proud; look your best and check yourself in the mirror for stains on your clothing and hair that’s growing in the wrong place! Treat yourself to a new hairstyle, cologne, lipstick, necktie, a great pair of shoes, et al.
· It’s time to use the money you saved up. Use it and enjoy it.
· Live a healthy life without great physical effort. Do moderate exercise, eat well, and get your sleep. Take a nap.
· Always buy the best, most beautiful items for your significant other. There will come a time when one of you is alone.
· Don’t sweat the small stuff, and it is all small stuff. Worry is counterproductive.
· Regardless of age, always keep love alive. Love yourself so that you have love to share.
· Read newspapers, watch the news. Respect the views of others
· Be a conversationalist. Talk less and listen more.
· If you have a strong belief, savor it. Living your faith is the best way to share it.
· Laugh every day. Remember, you are one of the lucky ones. You’ve already enjoyed a long life. Give a smile to everyone you see.
Most importantly, enjoy this moment. The future is uncertain for everyone, but this moment is yours to enjoy. Surely, in our years, we’ve learned that 90% of what we worried about never came to pass. Let’s plan for a victorious end game and celebrate today!